This is a highly important legal document so please research the subject before completing the form.
Things to know about the Advance Directive form:
- This form enables you to record all aspects of treatment you do not wish to receive under specified circumstances.
- This is a very important and sensitive topic, so please research it and speak to your loved ones before completing it.
- To complete this form you must have a witness alongside you, so please choose someone close to you to fill this role.
- If you wish to nominate a healthcare proxy, please also ensure they are present with you to complete the relevant fields.
Things to know about the process:
- Once you complete the form, a copy will automatically be sent to your Medical Practice and review by your Doctor.
- In the following two weeks after this your doctor will contact you to confirm your identity and some of the details in the form.
- Once these details are confirmed, a copy of the Advance Directive will be permanently attached to your medical records.
- If you would like a physical copy of the document, simply request this from the Doctor and one will be returned to you.